One Must Laugh.

6:15pm on January 1st, 2015.  Discovery:  the pipes are not frozen.  The plumbing is all in perfect working order.  The problem lies in the water pump itself...which is entirely broken.  An expensive and time consuming issue. I sit here after a short, cold bath of bottled water and I can assure you I am very, very much alert.

Pots of beans dry and uncooked, laundry sitting in several organized piles, dishes stacked.  I can also assure you again with some more certainty that my teeth and face are clean and I have watched nearly all the episodes of BBC's Paradise. It's a very good series.

There's times my mind has wandered into possibilities of a zombie apocalypse and I imagine myself a stalwart, rough woman who could cook over an open fire, deliver babies, and be a just and commanding pillar of wisdom and strength to all.  But now I take it all back, every last thought of my She-ra prowess. Experience has shown I can barely survive with just bottled water, and even then I needed to play Erasure loudly to get me through it.

Comments

Popular Posts