Calm Before Storm.

                                           

House is quiet.

Half the kids are in school while the other half still sleeps, and The Snape is away at a doctor's appointment. This means the coffee pot, study, and computer are mine for solitary use!

                                                  

Not that there's much to tell, actually.

I am a Lady of Leisure. Heh. Factually, my feet are poorly.  I spent most of the day trying to stay off them as much as possible. If only I had a maid or house keeper or cook (or all three + a butler and three footmen?) to help subdue the anxiety I feel at not getting stuff done.

Now I'm all lost in happy thoughts about Downton Abbey.  (Jelous sigh)

We're on the countdown before The Snape and the last of the Snapelings begin school Monday, so this is my last few days with them before the intensity begins.  I'm not ready for it, really.  I've liked having everyone around.  Having teenagers is a much different energy I expel than when they were all little.  They're witty, helpful, and very loving kids.

I will barely see my other half for six months after that, as that is how it goes when one is romantically bound to a writer with OCPD.  The good thing is that I think his intense, Professor face is sexy, and he's so excellent at what he does.  This part of him was a definite attraction for me at the beginning, and is still.  Even when all he utters for the duration of the six months is mostly agitation, and I have to remind him of my existence. It's just his way.  

The difference between a nurturing personality and a non:  one of those two receives recognition, remembrance and expressions of kindness, the other usually has remind the other for it, and if not, then usually the sadness induces inquiry.

I'm also struggling in wrapping my mind around the fact that my work will be here on the property. One huge relief is that the rabbits were all relocated this week to my cousin, another farmer, so I won't have to raise those adorable creatures for food. My Cousin's company is always entertaining and engaging, he's the epitome of a people person.  It's nice to be listened to, to have something in common.

Thinking more on farming: I do need to hunt down more chickens at the feed stores, and it's time to start thinking about seed for the spring planting.

On a domestic note, The Youngest Child came home yesterday from spending a lovely time with her Aunt and Cousins.  They are a sweet family, and these past few months I've grown close to them.  The Youngest Child is a pixie girl who has her nose buried in books, and so does her cousin, who is a few months younger than her.  They have so much fun playing together.

And they are quickly going from this:

                                           

To this:

                                                      

We are at the mid point.

Also, it was extremely thoughtful that they brought over a tureen of the most amazing butternut squash soup I've ever eaten.  Oh my goodness, that stuff is amazing.













Comments

Popular Posts