Balance In All Things.



Something to eventually learn:  the right measurement of beans in the grinder per water in coffee pot.  A full coffee pot can be made perfectly.  It's the partial pot that reminds me of my math skills.

Yesterday turned out well.  The Beast Child is fine.  No complications.  Just an every day illness that's easily treated with four teaspoons of ingested paste.  He's feeling wretched, but at least we're not back in the surgeon's.  Poor boy, his twelve days of Christmas this year began, "and a partridge and an IV."  Since then, he's spent his entire holiday break flat on his back and healing from several health complications. This is very hard for him, he's very active, plus it's his turn to host his next airsoft war in the orchards for his comrades.  There is no doubt to be had that although the The Beast Child and the Viking Child are both entirely creative and wonderful artists, they are also both great warriors. Beast will soon join the Air Force.  He dreams of justice, strategic planning, leading men, and war, Soon after, The Viking will join the PD, because he dreams of guns, camaraderie and doughnuts.

The Snape was in a particularly loving mood yesterday.  After the last few nights we've come to a truce of sorts. After said truce,  He and I went into town and brought home a new kitchen tool with some Christmas money, and a saucy button up shirt for him.  The boys needed electric blankets for their freezing sub level room (some people won't go down into their lair because they think it's creepy, the two of them revel in other's said attitude), it's gotten too cold just for the space heaters down there.  Their space really is just so enormous.  They have several military bunk beds down there and a large sitting room where they play video games...and have room down there to easily house a dozen of their friends.  It's their heaven, and a much more fragrant heaven since I added vanilla scented deodorizers yesterday.

The Study is very cozy today.  I bought a pair of super fuzzy socks that keep getting stuck on this persian rug, but they're quite warm, and this cup of coffee ended up percolating with just the right amount of grounds, even more perfect in a mug given to me by a dear friend for Christmas.  The Starbucks 2014 Christmas Blend I'm drinking is almost out, which breaks my heart a bit because my Dad and Brother bought them together when they were both visiting.  Sigh.  I miss my family so much, and have been away from them so much that my heart has a permanent ache.  Hard to be without them, so it's always important to make their visits count for so many memories to reminisce over once they've gone, as I have now.

Sigh.

So, onto productiveness.

I mean to illustrate certain fairy tales this year, aside from the screen plays needing to be written with my brother.  For years I've tried to pin myself down and do this but I keep escaping my own confidence in it.  So, I've pulled out the books of Aesop, Anderson and Grimm from the shelf to start tinkering around with what I want to do.  The thought originally came years before the Snapelings birth, and the plan was to read my children their very own dedicated books throughout their childhood.  Bigger, more intense projects came and went and I never did sit down to do it.  The time seems right for the project now.  It struck me as I was hanging up my Mother's paintings she had done for us as Christmas presents.  It's just...time.

And now, it's time to interrupt this wonderful quiet, pour myself a second cup of perfect coffee, and rally the troops and ready for a busy morning.  I am the Good Queen.  I shall deal with morning attitudes with sure wisdom and justice.  Specially with this second excellent cup of coffee in my hand.




  

Comments

Popular Posts