Christmas.



So, it's been some time since I've sat down to write on this blog.  Lots of life happening, as usual.  Having a holiday away from home was a wonderful break from the breakneck speed, and watching several versions of the Christmas Carol was wonderful...because I was watching them with my family who'd flown in from Europe.  My family are a beautiful, super lot of folks.  It's a physical ache to not be near them.  From the unending heart of my Mother, our Tribal Chieftain's wisdom of Father, my Brother who is my creative half, and Sister-in-law who is a world of creative, innovative, hearty sass. Miss them so much already.



We've just celebrated our Christmas with the children, as we had to postpone the holidays due to the other set of parent's turn to have Yule all to themselves.  We had a lovely time.  Proof that much of life is a state of mind, not a set of rules run by calendars or otherwise.



My father, the Historian, proved once again how love can feel so massive that it's euphoric.  He gave the 'gift' he gives to every child who turns 16.  This year, on Christmas, it was the Viking child's turn to reach this delicate state between childhood and adulthood.  Tears, of course.  I'm always wondering why I was chosen to be blessed with these two incredible parents.

I'm getting ready to go direct the choir of children whose light burns away any negative thought residue in my mind.  They are precious to me, and their skill set never ceases to take my breath away.  Such a lovely, lovely life experience.



Tonight we prep for the huge undertaking of Chicken Cordon Bleu, Disney style.  It'll be messy, it'll be labor intensive, it'll be an explosion of heaven on the taste buds.

Hopefully The Beast and The Viking will get off their flesh cushions and go clean the kitchen, as asked, whilst I'm gone.

The need to sculpt is becoming overwhelming.


Comments

Popular Posts